Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Catching Up: Window Coverings

I, like many mothers, have a very serious love-hate relationship with summer and how late the sun stays up during those months.  My daughter's bedroom has three wonderful 21x21 inch windows that I loved all through the winter months.  But, when daylight savings time went into effect, it was still too bright to expect my little girl to fall asleep before 10 pm in her west-facing room.  So, to combat daylight savings time, I created these.



They are canvases from the craft store that I painted with acrylic paints with the assistance of blue painter's tape and a pretty bird stencil.  I had never done chevrons before, as you can probably tell, and, for the most part, winged it.  They are a bit crooked and will probably be replaced before too long, but I absolutely love how the other two turned out!

Now I just have to figure out where to put them when we enter the fall and winter months and I want those windows uncovered again...

No comments:

Post a Comment