Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Catching Up: Caterpillar Cupcakes

For my son's first birthday I made these caterpillar cupcakes.  They were so easy and turned out very cute.




It was my first child's first birthday, so these were my first try at decorating cakes and I like how they turned out.  I would probably do some things differently if I were to do them again, but they were great for my lack of experience.

I baked the cupcakes as I normally would.  I then melted and tinted my frosting.  The pink cupcakes were supposed to be red (trying to use primary colors) but pink was as good as it got.  I then dipped the cupcakes into the frosting because I wanted a smooth surface.  I then piped (and this is where lack of experience really shows) the polka dots onto each cupcake.  The antennae are made of toothpicks and colorful mini marshmallows.  I also used toothpicks and black jelly beans to make feet.







No comments:

Post a Comment